Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Afternoon After

Thinking of a title just consumed 10 minutes of my life, and I ultimately just decided to change the title of Chinky Bench Warmer's entry earlier today (check previous entry).

Damn, LeBron James = douche. King Crab's at it again.
"But as far as the dunk or whatever car I'm driving, some things you shouldn't comment and some things you should. I look at the no handshake like this — during the regular season, no one ever shakes hands. You move on to the next game. I congratulated Dwight Howard through email and told him good luck in the Finals. Shaking hands is not a big deal to me. It's not being a sore loser, it’s moving on. Sometimes people want you to accept losing and I'll never accept losing."
Well, I swear I remember King Crab shaking hands with the Spurs when they were SWEPT in the 2007 Finals by the Spurs (the same year Robert Horry showed he had what it takes to be an MMA fighter against little Steve Nash). Does he realize he had the guts to congratulate Bruce "Lee" Bowen the defensive behemoth (and destroyer of Vince Carter's ankles) back then?

Two seasons, a scoring title, exaggerated media hype, a crab dribble, and an MVP award later, we get the no-handshake, pre-game picture takin', "LBJ MVP" shirt-wearin' version of LeBron James. And he still keeps referring to himself in the third person.

It's a shame the current MVP wears 23. When Michael Jordan and the Bulls got bullied by the Pistons for 3 straight years in the late 80's, he kept congratulating them over and over again. It was a good thing Joe Dumars didn't act like a sore loser when Chicago finally beat them, as he was the only Piston to congratulate the Bulls.

But I'll give him a chance. I remember Kobe being this arrogant back when he still wore number 8 and I hated him like a big pimple that refuses to burst. Maybe his arrogance comes with his youth and his early rise to superstardom. And it also won't help that Shaq's with him now. The Big Hybrid/Witness Protection/Twitter/Van Gundy Hater has been a child-at-heart his whole career and that would either slow down further LeBron's maturation or make him realize he's acting like a young Kobe.

If King Crab doesn't get his act together, I'll go to the nearest jungle and hold a baby monkey for ransom.

But that's illegal, so I'll probably just blog again.

BTW, if you're interested in joining the Airball Men roster, just comment.

- Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment